Where in the world?

Friday, June 02, 2006

I don't like them, but they certainly like me...

BUGS! INSECTS! Whatever else you want to call them...I normally use some kind of mild swear word, and say it in an irritated, disgusted voice. I don't like bugs, but for some reason, in Japan, they love me, and decide to munch on me on a weekly basis. Last week the dreaded mozzies were back in town, and one of the little 'blighters' (I never use that word...but a stronger word on a blog read by family, and a friend's secondary school students, would be inappropriate here!) decided to bite me on the hand and the lower back! Great! Thanks a bunch! Annoying, but I can cope with the odd mozzy bite...a bit of savlon, and the will-power not to scratch, and then they're fine! But 2 nights ago, I was bitten by a bigger enemy...a spider!!! Eek! I woke up yesterday morning, and noticed 2 small red marks on my arm, but they didn't hurt or itch, and so i thought nothing of it. Fast forward 3 hours, and they were itchy and a bit swollen, and another one had appeared too! They were definitely not mozzy bites, and I thought I was bitten by a spider last summer, and these seemed similar. Last night I was about to settle down for the night, and I had already checked around my room for signs of the evil biter, but had not found anything, when I noticed the quick scurry of a spider up my wardrobe door. It wasn't huge, but it certainly wasn't tiny, and when I can see it's joints, I know it's too big to be sharing my apartment! I sprayed at it with regular bug spray, and when that did nothing but make it cough, I ran for the cockroach super-duper spray. It did the trick, and it keeled over. Phew! Sorry to all you spider lovers out there, but it felt sooooo good! If it's gonna bite me, and make me scratch for 2 days...and counting...then it doesn't deserve to live in my house!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home