Osaka weekend - part 1
Well, I suppose I should get my lil ole blog uptodate, and crack on with writing about my spring vacation escapades. At the beginning of the hols, I went up to Osaka with Ellen and Alex, for a weekend of shopping, exploring, and of course SUMO!!
Ellen and I arrived on saturday afternoon, and after checking into our hotel (in one of Osaka's 'dodgy' areas...apparently there you can find drugs...and also DUCKS!, as we discovered as we exited the subway!), we headed for Umeda. We spent the evening trying to dodge the awful rain, and find somewhere decent to eat, as we were starving! We settled on a very nice Italian place, and then wandered round a few shops and game centres (purikura and UFO machines aplenty!) I liked Osaka a lot more this second time. I felt like I was getting to know the city a bit more, and despite the rain was excited by the bright lights, neon, sky-scrapers, huge deparment stores, and general big-city-buzz!
Ellen and I arrived on saturday afternoon, and after checking into our hotel (in one of Osaka's 'dodgy' areas...apparently there you can find drugs...and also DUCKS!, as we discovered as we exited the subway!), we headed for Umeda. We spent the evening trying to dodge the awful rain, and find somewhere decent to eat, as we were starving! We settled on a very nice Italian place, and then wandered round a few shops and game centres (purikura and UFO machines aplenty!) I liked Osaka a lot more this second time. I felt like I was getting to know the city a bit more, and despite the rain was excited by the bright lights, neon, sky-scrapers, huge deparment stores, and general big-city-buzz!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home