Where in the world?

Thursday, July 07, 2005

The celebrations don't last long!

London has been hit by terrorism. This morning, a number of explosions on the Tube, and on a London bus, shook the Capital, and the jubilation of the nation. Only yesterday, I was watching scenes of celebrations in Trafalgar Square on BBC World, as London won their Olympic bid. Tonight, however, I sadly watch as I see the London streets full of police, ambulances, sirens, and confused and shocked Londoners. My heart goes out to anyone who is waiting to hear on the wellbeing of a loved one in London. I am just relieved that my brother and aunt are both ok, and send them both my love from Japan. I hope all my London-based friends are also ok. It's at times like these, and indeed happy times like yesterday's news, that I miss home, and feel so far away from dear old Blighty.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:49 pm, Blogger Paul Campy said…

    London felt the pain of New York and Madrid in recent years knowing that it shared so much in common with them and their people including the risk of terrorist attacks. It's a club we've been a part of for a while. Life and routine will continue regardless with a strong resolve and two fingers to the perpetrators.

    London is a little sadder today, the day after the city's finest achievement in decades. A 24 hour rollercoaster of emotion...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home