Where in the world?

Friday, January 21, 2005

...and I get paid for this!!

Today was a really nice day! I was at my school on a little island called Oshima, and was told that I didn't have any classes until the afternoon. 'Lovely' I thought...So I spent the morning surfing the internet, buying new stickers from my fave teachers-stickers website, e-mailing and arranging my weekend plans. Then had a bit of lunch, and whilst eating the vice principal came over to my desk and presented me with a handful of mikans (satsumas) to have with my food! The school is an Agricultural vocational high school, and they have their own farm, fruit trees etc. I was finishing off my food, and wondering what we would be doing in the afternoon classes, when my teacher came over to explain. It was the last lesson I would be having with the third years (18 yrs old...so final year), and so she thought it would be nice if we used our double lesson to all watch a movie together. So I spent the whole afternoon in a lecture room in the school, which had a big projection screen on which we saw The Shawshank Redemption....like my favourite film ever!!! I was sooooo happy! After the film, a collection of students asked me to write messages on the covers of their exercise books, and promised to write me letters in the future. Bless! They probably wont (their English is isn't that great for a start!!), but it was still a really sweet thought! When I arrived back in Yanai at 5 o'clock, I went to McDonalds for dinner, and then checked out the oven Im planning on buying on sunday! What a lovely day it was!! Oh, yeah, and it was pay day!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home